Posted by joDy_Shugart at ws72-33.evans.msstate.edu on August 25, 2001 at 00:29:15:
Just saw the new movie...
I don't blame you for making this... I understand it made a lot of and if I were in your place I'd probably do the same but nevertheless, here are my thoughts on the movie:
I. the jokes were so dumbed down that my sister understood them. the coolest thing about askew movies was the fact that it reflected the lives of their fans. people with more intelligence than they can figure out what to do with sharing something they could have in common.
2. Again... with the blatant jokes... it would have been really cool if you didn't announce mark hammil(?). The hardcore fans would've got it.
3. Where'd the witty banter go? this movie read more like the latest Scary Movie script. I realize it was supposed to be a parody of hollywood but damn guys, i hope it was all just a joke.
4. Hmmm, I seem to be repeating myself. Where'd the big words go?
4andahalf. what was with the plot?
5. Have you ever seen the audience on trl? I mean, have you ever really looked at them? I see those people really enjoying this movie.
6. Gay jokes every 5 minutes!?!? Sure it was great when it was done in taste and moderately in the previous movies but it just seems to dumb down the humor level for jocks and the less intelligent to comprehend.
7. You tell him Steve-Dave!
8. The only ironic thing about the movie was sitting through the credits to read the jokes while everyone else was busy pushing each other out of the way to leave the theater saying it was the "best movie ever"
I realize I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing (according to the movie) I'm not disowning view askew or anything, (i'd go see your next movie in a second) but we were just really let down.
Post a Followup